Saturday 23 April 2011

WHERE'S MY INVITATION ?

I hear that the names of some of those invited to next week's big event have been released to the press and I can only despair.

As well as finding that I am not on the list myself, I understand that the marriage of our future King and Queen is to be graced by the presence of such dignitaries as Elton John and the Beckams. As someone of my acquaintance would undoutedly say 'You're havin' a laugh, aren't you ?'.

We are not talking about a 'Celebrity Wedding' here, it isn't a wedding of some minor royal and a rugby player, nor of the latest pop sensation or film wonder. THIS IS THE WEDDING OF THE FUTURE KING AND QUEEN.

I find it utterly shocking that such an occasion has now become just another part of the media celebrity circus. That the Royal Family and Government have allowed this to happen is a shocking indictment of how far this country and its rulers have fallen in recent years.

One has to assume that 'Hello' or 'OK' have already acquired the rights to the pictures and will soon be squabbling over the rights to the first-born. If ever there was an arguement for a Republic, surely this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment